
Today, I bring a very important topic to your attention. Boots.
Yes, boots. More specifically, those hot knee-high boots everyone has.
Let me state first that I am a strong supporter of the boots. I am in love with mine, and am constantly looking for a replacement pair. I sincerely adore them. They are black and stretchy and high-heeled and micro-fiber.
What I do not adore is that EVERYONE in DC has gotten way too boot-happy. And way too soon in the season.
You know how you shake your head at people that first brisk day when they pull out the giant parka, nubby scarf and gloves? I find myself shaking my head the same way at those silly girls who thought it was boot weather.
Ladies, it's not. I'm serious. Guys want to see as much as your legs as possible before it's winter. And you look just plain ridiculous when you walk out of work in the middle of the day and it's 70 degrees outside.
As some of you have probably read on my facebook page, I've been whining about this for awhile now, but it's only because I've been seeing people break out their boots since the end of August.
Girls, it's not cute when it's not seasonally appropriate. You just look like your IQ is even smaller.
(Side note - this is the same way I feel about those dumb chicks I went to Syracuse with who thought it was completely acceptable to walk around campus in their mini skirt and Uggs when it remained 80 degrees outside. Not only did they make their legs look chubby as hell, I can't imagine the awful tan lines that resulted... ugh.)
(Another side note - ladies, don't get boots that are floppy. Your legs will also look floppy, and nobody wants to see that. Some people can't pull off a great pair of boots. If you fall into that category please accept it and admire us from afar).
Anyway, my facebook mini-rants were well-received. I have had several people vow they will not wear boots until I say it's okay, including my boss.
What power!
I promise not to use this for evil, but to make the world a more beautiful and fashionable place.
Stay tuned for the official start to boot season!
No comments:
Post a Comment