Saturday, April 25, 2009

Myrtle Beach in 48 hours

I've never had such a short trip to my palmetto state - so sad! And this time, it was to a new home away from home, complete with the white-trash starter kit living room set: three beach chairs and a tv with antenna. We were able to watch CBS. or if we preferred, CBS. We took it easy on some Aero beds. And my dad stole a fork from a restaurant because when we went to our storage unit, we could only manage to easily access an entire drawer of spoons. Even with our tight schedule, I was able to get some GREAT clothes (which I honestly needed), and I ate exceptionally well. I had lobster pie for dinner last night. Check out the third picture down on the menu.

Oh yeah, and the city was actually on fire. Apologies to Mr. Redline for doubting him. When I received his text of terror, we were driving and it was blue skies and 75 degrees out. It wasn't until we were closer to town and saw a major road that we usually take was blocked off with a few state troopers. And we also saw smoke - large billows of smoke and thick air. It was in North Myrtle and a little farther West, and I heard they have contained it completely now. What a great day for my parents to go to settlement on a new house, huh? I mean I knew we'd have to deal with hurricanes, but I never thought we'd have to worry about wildfires!

Pictures of the new place will be available soon - I gotta make a trip to my apartment for the computer cord and then explain each picture... because when you get a load of this place you're gonna need it! 

Saying it's a fixer-upper is a bit of an understatement. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment