Monday, August 10, 2009

it is so freaking hot today that...

1) I contemplated calling in sick.
2) I wore a different shirt to walk to/from metro in, just so I wouldn't sweat in a decent work-appropriate shirt.
3) I refuse to leave the building until it's time to go home, at which time I might instead hop on the orange line (which is a shorter walk than the red), and go down to Pentagon City and go shopping for a bit until the sun goes down.
4) I plan on raiding a conference room for soda and bottles of water to steal.
5) Walking to metro this morning in the steamy heat made me feel like I was walking to the beach down in South Carolina - except for the lack of sand and flippin' sweet beach views.

I know we have been spared by this horror that we call a typical DC summer, and I am grateful. But I spent my entire Sunday in my 75-degree apartment (that's right - utilities are included - suck it). When you are in that environment and oblivious to the temperature outside, you find yourself wrapping a blanket around yourself and drinking hot tea while blissfully enjoying a Cary Grant movie marathon on TCM.

Mondays are really difficult after Sundays like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment