Monday, January 19, 2009

the alarm system in my building works/yes you CAN be self-conscious at 4:45am

I had a great Friday night - some friends and I had dinner at CoCo Sala. This restaurant is a chocolate lounge and boutique, so everything on the menu was garnished or had some kind of cocoa or chocolate in it. I've had events there from work so I had a drink (for which I had a coupon - yay free $13 cocktail!) and then the following:

-duck confit salad
-bacon macaroni and cheese (garnished with yes, a chocolate covered piece of bacon)
-I split the main dessert from one of the tour menus with Amanda. It had a mini chocolate cupcake, malted shooter, bananas foster, and pb & j ice cream. This ice cream was crazy good - peanut butter ice cream with chocolate/jelly sauce and the bottom had a kind of bread crust. wow.

Then we walked a few blocks and saw Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie, I highly recommend it.

Then we hopped back on the metro to Cleveland Park Bar & Grill. Their mixed drinks are large - and reasonably priced. $5.50 for a glass full of vodka (with a little tonic thrown in and a lime). I had two.

Got home, and time for bed.

But alas, this is when I learned the fire alarm in my building works great. At 4:45 someone thought it was a good idea to pull this. I, and many of my neighbors, did not agree. I laid in bed for about 5 minutes before I realized it was the fire alarm. So out of a dead sleep I got up, threw on my sneakers and grabbed my coat (which just happened to be my Syracuse-duty coat because it's mad cold here) and headed downstairs. This is when I learn  that someone pulled it and we aren't in any danger, as long as you don't consider the earsplitting noise danger.

I looked awful. Flat, messy hair, gigantic burgundy marshmallow parka, blue plaid pj pants and sneakers. no bra. That's a shame too because there are some cute guys in my building that I never see until someone pulls a fire alarm. Maybe I should start going to bed dressed for a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment