Thursday, January 8, 2009

unexpected exercise

I love where I live. Seriously. It's close to freaking everything, including work. I am about a mile and a half away which makes it especially useful when Metro decides that I have it too easy and shouldn't let me have my breezy two-stop commute.

Fine, Metro. I shall walk. I was stubborn at first, walking to Starbucks thinking I could wait it out. Tried one of those new tea lattes. (It was okay, but I'll stick with the regular chai). I watched others outside hailing cabs in vain. Nobody told them that cabs going in our direction are already taken because people got them at Farragut North, not halfway between metro stations.

Silly people.

It's not raining, snowing, or windy, so it's all good. I really should have worn pants to work though. The skirt and tights combo wasn't truly cutting it. Just glad I had my comfy shoes and could carry by high heel boots.

PS: My pet peeve of the day was people who don't walk in a straight line on the sidewalk so you can't walk around them. Stop zigging people, it's cold out and I want to get ahead of you.

What do I deserve now? Soup. In my nice, toasty apartment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment