Sunday, May 17, 2009

aaand they're off!!

It's that time of year again, folks - the summer associates are coming! Thank goodness there are only 8 of them this year, as opposed to last year's 24 count class. Our first one showed up last week (and ahem, was late, can you believe that? dumbass). 

With the new responsibilities I have in the other departments, it has me stretched pretty thin so I'll be holding on for dear life to get everything done for each of my managers. My main manager is unfortunately out for the next three weeks so that will stretch us all a little more, too. It's shocking how many balls I have in the air right now, really. I'm so afraid I'm going to snap one day and start shredding shit.

What we're most concerned with right now, is a certain Richard Ben-Veniste. He is crazy successful/semi-celebrity in the DC political scene. He has a new book coming out, and is having the office throw him a book-signing party. Oh happy day. Guess who gets to arrange it? Lindsey, my coordinator, with me monitoring details and such. Joy. Rapture. It's going to be at the vice-chairman's house so it is UBER important that it goes just right. 

At least I have a lovely little trip to go to over the holiday weekend, thanks to Mr. Redline and his lovely wife-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment