Sunday, May 10, 2009

a weekend in connecticut



My sister, Kasey, got her Master's degree yesterday, graduating in 5 years from the NEAG School of Education. Her concentration was in curriculum of history and social sciences. It was a pretty great weekend, considering I got to eat all of my favorites when I was up there. (Yes, I know my world sometimes centers around food!) We went to D.P Dough for some calzones, and of course we hit up the Dairy Bar, the UConn-run ice cream place. 

Oh dear god, ice cream has never tasted so good!

They make it on the premises so it's insanely fresh. This time, I went for the kid's cup (because last year's 1 "scoop" was about the size of my head!). I had the banana chocolate chip with hot fudge. Heaven! And I'm not even a huge ice cream person, either.

This morning before we left we went to this actual diner that Kasey found (sans Mom, who was not feeling well at all), and we had REAL cola (since it was bottled next door), and I had the most delicious scrambled eggs, biscuits and country sausage gravy I've ever had.

To top it off, we got some well water to go:

Since it was literally around the corner from her apartment, of course.


Yay Kasey!

No comments:

Post a Comment