Sunday, May 31, 2009

the best view in town

I'll admit that I'm not the most outdoorsy person around. But when gorgeous days like yesterday happen, then I get the urge to really enjoy it.

My apartment has a rooftop terrace with just about the best view of DC you could want. Washington Monument? Check. National Cathedral? Check. Capital Dome? Check. 

Nathan, my #1 fan of my apartment, suggested (er, demanded) that I invite people over for drinks on Saturday night. He offered up homemade pasta salad and limes for drinks. I of course said yes to this and got a little facebook message out to a few folks.

(Side note: On Friday night, we had our big book-signing party at our vice chairman's house. It went really well, got loads of overtime, but I ended up with a LOT of leftover cake, so I coaxed people over with this sweet treat.)

So anyway, people showed up and we had a blast! We had Nathan's pasta salad, some delicious cake (though last weekend's cake for Mr. and Mrs. Redline was better), and we used up all my diet tonic water for grey goose & tonic (me), and bombay & tonic (nathan and naveen). Also served rum & coke, jack & coke, and screwdrivers. Check out the fun!


We're gonna have to do this again very, very soon. All are welcome anytime, though! Just stop in next door if you're ever out at the zoo and wanting to relax inside or out!

No comments:

Post a Comment