Tuesday, May 19, 2009

i don't do math.

I can do a lot of things very well, but math is not one of them. I can juggle multiple projects at work, run around putting out fires, jump from one conversation to another, problem solve, and generally thrill my bosses when they forget to bring a document in a conference room and I magically pull out a copy for them. I anticipate. I plan ahead. I am psychic.

You heard right - I'm a super hero.

Unless someone has math that needs to be done. I'm not even talking high school or college math. I just about freaked out this afternoon when I had to take data that I had formatted in an excel spreadsheet, count it and then calculate percentages.

PERCENTAGES, PEOPLE!!

At the exact moment, my computer flipped out on me. I managed to send out an SOS email to my coordinator (subject line: help?) before I commenced dialing 3111 to contact our IS help desk.

Did I mention in my email that I was drawing a blank on how to calculate percentages? Perhaps.

Did I hear her LAUGH next door when she opened my email? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment